- Chinese Government Scholarship
- International Chinese Language Teachers (Confucius Institute) Scholarship
- Beijing Government Scholarship
- BNU New International Student Scholarship
- BNU "Silk Road Muduo Scholarship"
2021 Chinese Government Scholarship
(Chinese University Program)
1. Application Candidates
(1) Applicants for full-time Master’s or Doctorate programs.* The scholarship does not support majors of applicant's native language or English, French or the third language literature, nor for the Master’s program of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
* The University does not provide preparatory Chinese language courses to the applicants for Chinese-taught programs. Please submit HSK certificate according to the admission requirements of your program.
2. Scholarship Coverage and Standard
Please refer to CSC web page “Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships”.
3. Applicants Qualification
(1) The applicant should meet the requirements of “BNU INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS ADMISSION”.(2) The applicant should not be current student of any Chinese institution (Graduation time from China should be over one year).(3) The applicant for master’s degree program must be under the age of 35 and for doctorate degree program must be under the age of 40.
(5) Applicants should not be holding any other scholarships.
4. Application Procedures
(1) Please follow the instruction of “BNU INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS ADMISSION” and prepare the application documents according to Item 5. Please log on to the "BNU International Student Service System" to complete an online application for BNU program and pay the application fee.(2) Register on the website of Chinese Scholarship Council; complete, print and sign the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. To apply through the Chinese University Program as new student, please choose Type B; the Agency number for Beijing Normal University is 10027.* Please note: re-submission of the form is required if you have made any modification.(3) The deadline for 2021 CSC Scholarship - Chinese University Program is April 30, 2021. Please mail or submit all the application documents to the Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs (Room A103, Main Building). Application document will not be accepted after the final date.
(4) Applicants may check the application process and the result through personal account in CSC or BNU onine portal (Phone inquiries will not be accepted).
5. Application Documents
Please note:★ Incomplete or unpaid applications will not be processed; electronic copies of application materials sent through email will not be accepted.★ The University keeps the right to require additional materials from the applicants.★ Application materials and application fee are non-refundable and will not be returned, regardless of whether the applicant is admitted by the University.
(1) All application documents in Item 5 of “BNU INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS ADMISSION” (Only one package is required for multiple scholarships):
1. Application Form for International Students with a photograph. Please fill in the application form, submit online and print a hardcopy with an attached photo with white background (the photo should be the same as that of submitted in the application system). Please make sure that the application form is signed by the applicant and the guarantor of the applicant, the signature must be the same with that on the applicant’s passport. Application form without the applicant and the guarantor’s signatures will be invalid.
2. Two recommendation letters by two associate professors or scholars with higher academic titles, or a senior expert in a related field. (There is no specified format for the recommendation letters, please specify the name of the referee and contact information, all letters must be signed by the referee).
3. Personal Statement Form (Master, PhD), please download and complete the form at the international student admission website of Beijing Normal University and sign your name in person. Your signature should be consistent with that of your passport.
4. Transcript and Certificate of highest academic certificate
Master’s degree applicants must provide: official transcripts, graduation certificate or degree diploma of your undergraduate program. The documents must be original or authenticated/notarized copies, either in Chinese or English (Chinese or English notarized translations are required for other languages).
Ph.D. degree applicants must provide: official transcripts, graduation certificate or degree diploma of your master’s program. The documents must be original or authenticated/notarized copies, either in Chinese or English. (Chinese or English notarized translations are required for other languages).
Applicants who will graduate in 2021 and is temporarily unable to submit graduation certificate and degree diploma must submit Certificate of Expected Graduation. After being admitted by the University, the original copy of the graduation certificate and degree diploma must be submitted during registration, otherwise the admission will be withdrawn.
5. Language Test scores: For majors taught in Chinese, please provide the HSK certificate. The test time on the HSK certificate should be no earlier than November 1st, 2018. For majors taught in English, please provide English proficiency certificate required in the majors catalog.
6. Application fee of 600 RMB. It should be paid online; cash is not accepted. (Please note: Application fee is also required for scholarship application.)
7. The original Statement of Guarantee. Please download the form at the international student admission website of Beijing Normal University, complete it and have it signed by the guarantor. The signature should be consistent with the name of the passport.
8. A photocopy of the first page of the applicant’s passport. If you have a visa to China, please provide a copy of the recent visa page, passport valid date must be later than March 31st, 2021. Applicants who have naturalized as foreign nationality after being former Chinese citizens should provide the documents certifying the cancellation of their original Chinese household registration and renunciation of Chinese nationality. Applicants who acquired foreign nationality at birth, if both parents or one of them is a Chinese citizen, must submit the applicant's proof of cancellation of his/her Chinese household registration and renunciation of Chinese nationality.
9. (Optional) Academic papers, patents, or other academic achievements, CV/Resume (originals or photocopies).
10. CSC Scholarship applicants must submit the following additional materials:
a. CSC Scholarship Application Form;
b. One copy of “Foreigner Physical Examination Form” (the applicant may keep the original document).
The form is printed by Chinese quarantine authorities. Please download it at the CSC website (http://www.campuschina.org) and fill it in English. The medical examination must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please choose the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
Pakistan applicants please see here.
6. Admission & Enrollment
(1) Beijing Normal University (BNU) will admit the excellent applicants based on “BNU INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS ADMISSION” and recommend lists of candidates to the China Scholarships Council (CSC) for final approval.(2) Scholarship recipients must register on time according to the University Rules & Regulations. If students fail to register on time unexplained, the admission and scholarship qualification will be withdrawn.(3) If scholarship recipients fail to pass the Physical Examination after registration, the admission and scholarship qualification will be withdrawn.
(4) According to the regulations of CSC, annual evaluation will be required for all CSC scholarship recipients. Students who pass the evaluation will be qualified for scholarship next year.
7. Contact information
Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs (Graduate School), Admission Office
Beijing Normal University
A103, Main Building, No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District
Beijing, China 100875
Notes: Please refer to http://www.zbshituochem.cn/ for latest admission information. All dates and time are China Standard Time.
8. Other information
Please refer to “BNU INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS ADMISSION” for more information.